Translate

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day April 2014



 Frangipani aka Plumeria



 This Singapore Plumeria has the surroundings smelling like an expensive perfume.
 Cape honeysuckle




 I felt so sorry for this bed that I decided to give it some water.

Hello and welcome to Garden Bloggers Bloom day where gardeners around the globe post what is blooming in their gardens.  We are in a deep drought and I cannot keep up with the watering. I keep hoping that it will rain soon in my area but all I hear is that the south coast is getting all the rain. My gingers are in a very sorry state just waiting on the rain to quench their thirst.
Franginpani or Plumeria are in full bloom with a riotous display of colour. Cape honeysuckle has blossomed beautifully after pruning it back sometime last year. 
To see more of what is blooming please skip on over to Carol's at maydreamsgardens 
Have a great week folks!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, we are in the same fate! We are already around one month in this dry season, and it is still June when we expect rain. If only frangipani can be eaten, then we will all be happy. I cannot leave my city building home for 2 days, or else everything outside the window will be dead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I love the bright colors of your frangipani! Spring is just getting going here (Washington state) and thankfully, rain has been plentiful. Hope you get some water soon! Happy Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kind of garden blog ~ tropical all the way. Your photo of the heliconia reminded me that I need to try it in my own garden this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is looking lovely despite the drought. I hope you get some rain soon to freshen it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to have those large Plumerias. I have a small one in the greenhouse but after 4 years it still hasn't flowered. The fragrance must be amazing in your garden,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Plumerias are just glorious! I wish my mature shrubs would get that many flowers all at once.

    Love your Adenium flowers too. That's a brilliant pink.

    I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the drought there breaks soon, and you can smell approaching rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Due to annoying spam no anonymous comments will be allowed.